By paying the artist registration fee, accepting a scholarship and/or accepting exhibition space you are automatically agreeing to the following terms and conditions. Please read this entire document before paying the registration fee, accepting scholarship or exhibition space.
If/when I register, I am automatically agreeing to all of the following terms:
- I confirm that the artwork that I am presenting and selling during the East Bay Open Studios event is an original, authentic and certified creation of my own, made by my own hand and not a reproduction or forgery.
- I understand that there are no refunds on registration fees.
- I understand that one registration fee entitles me (one artist) to one listing on the website, inclusion in any printed materials and inclusion in the kick-off event exhibition.
- I understand that any artists that may share my studios space will require their own registration fees.
- I agree that I will not share my space during the event with any non-registered artists and I understand that attempting to do so may result in me being restricted from registering for the event in the future.
- I understand that participation is contingent upon upholding and abiding by all terms and conditions; including being open for business 11am – 5pm (Hours of the Event) over one or two consecutive weekend days, within the time frame of the event (based on the days that I have registered and paid for).
- In case of an emergency in which I am unable to keep open hours I will email ebos@oaklandartmurmur immediately, try to find a replacement to open my studio and share any changed/updated open hours via social media.
- I understand that my participation in the event requires that I adhere to and abide by all rules, regulations and laws governing the City, County and State of which I am conducting business in.
- I understand that if I am represented by a gallery or galleries, that I am 100% percent responsible for abiding by all terms of agreement with the gallery or galleries that represent me and hold harmless East Bay Open Studios, it’s producers, Oakland Art Murmur, its owners, officers, agents, associates and employees for any issues that may arise due to my participation in the event.
- I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless East Bay Open Studios, it’s producers, Oakland Art Murmur, its owners, officers, agents, associates and employees for any lack of attendance and any and all liabilities, claims, errors, omissions, losses, accidents and expenses caused by, arising out of, or in connection with, either directly or indirectly, the East Bay Open Studios events and satellite events.
- East Bay Open Studios has the right to alter/edit/modify any information on artist ads or directory listings that does not comply with the hours and operations of the overall event.
- East Bay Open Studios has the right to alter/edit/modify any information on artist profiles that does not suit the nature of the event or fit into the layout of the website.
- By submitting images of my work to East Bay Open Studios I am giving East Bay Open Studios permission to use the images for promotion and/or marketing of the event.
- I understand that East Bay Open Studios will be promoting the event through local newspapers, journals, social media, and their own emailing lists, but that there is no guarantee that visitors will attend the event or visit my own individual studio/exhibition space.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to personally promote my open studio event through my own email lists, social media accounts, etc.
- If I need to update my information for the directory on the website, I must do so before midnight, March 15, 2024, by updating and submitting the online registration.
- East Bay Open Studios,Oakland Art Murmur, officers, agents, associates or employees are not responsible for the results of my participation in the event.
- If and when I register, I hereby agree to the terms and conditions of East Bay Open Studios as outlined here.
- These terms and conditions may be updated at any given time without notice.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Fee Waiver Recipients
- I have until midnight 2/28/24 to accept my fee waiver offer. If I do not accept the fee waiver offer by midnight 2/28/24 my fee wiaver will be given to the next candidate.
- If I cannot follow through with my commitment to be a participant in this event, I must cancel my participation in writing (email is acceptable) before midnight April 1, 2024 . At that point my information will be removed from the website and printed catalog.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Exhibition Space Recipients
- When agreeing to to participate in East Bay Open Studios in a shared exhibition space I agree to the following:
- I will deliver my artwork to the exhibition venue by the agreed upon date.
- I will be prepared to install/hang my own artwork if necessary.
- I will be prepared to price my artwork/provide price lists as needed by the venue.
- I will be present at the venue during East Bay Open Studios hours and/or as agreed upon with the exhibition venue.
- I am responsible for selling/completing sales of my own work. Sales of my work, shipping/handling of my work is not the responsibility of the exhibition venue.
- I will remove/de-install my artwork by the agreed upon date.
- If I desire my artwork to be insured I will purchase my own insurance or ensure that my personal insurance conveys to the exhibition space.