- May 12, 2023, 6-9PM
- Uptown Station, 1955 Broadway, Oakland
- Artists may provide one piece that is not larger than 18″ wide.
- Work MUST be ready to exhibit; framed with a hanging system or preferred method of exhibition provided such as installed D-rings and wire, sawtooth picture hangers, etc.
- A limited number of uncovered pedestals will be available. If you have your own exhibition pedestal you may provide it
- Artwork drop off dates, times and locations;
- May 6 and 7, 12pm – 6pm, Leamington Building, 1814 Franklin Avenue, Oakland
- May 11, 10am noon, Square Headquarters, 1955 Broadway, Oakland
- Bring TWO printed and completed copies of the exhibition form, available via the button below, when you drop off your artwork.
- The Leamington is a secure building. We will meet artists at the entrance on Franklin. If no one is there to meet you please text 415-710-7397.
- Artwork will be able to be picked up starting on May 21st at 1955 Broadway and on May 22nd at 1814 Franklin in Oakland. Details will be shared shortly.
Vibemap and Art About Town Treasure Hunt
We are excited to have you participate in the EBOS – Art About Town Treasure Hunt. During the treasure hunt studio visitors will use the Vibemap app to “check in” at open studios to show their support of local artists and earn the chance to win prizes!
How it works:
Step 1 – Scan the QR code to go to the Google or Apple app store. Download Vibemap and create an account.
Step 2 – RESCAN the same QR code to go to your unique artist profile on Vibemap. Tap the check mark on the screen to check in.
Vibemap has created a unique QR code and 8.5×11 flier for you to print and post in your studio to make checking in at your studio as easy as possible.
Please follow the links below to your studio’s unique QR code:
- 8.5×11 Flier
- Listed in alphabetical order
- Raw QR Codes
- If you would like to create your own flier and add the QR code.
- Listed in alphabetical order
Prizes for studios
Vibemap is also offering a $250 cash prize to the studio with the most check ins, and 2 – cash $100 prizes for the studios with the second and third most check ins. Winners will be contacted shortly after the East Bay Open Studio event.
- Each artist will receive 10 catalogs for your personal use, to share with your visitors or distribute within your community.
- A limited number of flyers are available to post at businesses in your community.
Please do not take catalogs or flyers if you do not intend to use them. Allow us to distribute them to other artists and business
Pick up your catalogs:
- May 6 and 7th from 12 – 6 pm at The Leamington (1814 Franklin Street in Oakland). We will be onsite accepting artwork for the Opening Celebration and Exhibition. You may pick up your catalog and flyers during the noted hours. The Leamington is a secure building. We will meet artists at the entrance on Franklin. If no one is there to meet you please text 415-710-7397.
- A limited number of catalogs and flyers will be available at the following Community Hubs and you may pick them up there. Check in at the reception desk or cashier and let them know you are an EBOS artist and you are picking up your 10 catalogs and flyers. Check their websites for open hours before you go:
- Frank Bette Center for the Arts, 1601 Paru Street, Alameda, CA 94501
- San Leandro Public Library, 300 Estudillo Ave, San Leandro, CA 94577
- Flax Art and Design, 1501 Martin Luther King Jr Way, Oakland, CA 94612
- Catalogs will be available at the Richmond Art Center AFTER May 4th, 2023.
- A variety of customizable and self-printable signage;
- Postcards, Flyers, Sandwich Board sizes
- View 2023 Registration Pricing Plans HERE
- Registration for the May Event opens February 1, 2023 and closes March 1, 2023
- Registration for the December Event will open in October.
- New registration process will allow artists to create a profile in the on-line directory AND pay participation fees on the EBOS website
- Each participating artist will receive:
- East Bay Open Studios website; profile page and map location
- VIBE MAP; image and map location
- Line-listing (no image) in the Spring Event catalog
- Access to 3 professional development courses and two mixers (FREE)
- Exclusive access to paid opportunities
- Artists may purchase additional features, such as featured website listings and image/profile space in the Spring Event catalog
- Artist profiles are searchable by name, media, and/or location
- Artists will not be separated by regions
- Artists may show on either weekend or both weekends, but you must be open both weekend days during Studio Hours, 11am – 5pm
Waivers and Space Requests
- Waivers will cover full or partial artist’s participation fee for EBOS 2023 and will offer the artist a small stipend for art materials
- OAM will distribute approximately 14 waivers to East Bay Artists with another 7 waivers for City of Alameda artists.
- Recipients being determined by members of the EBOS steering committee
- In seeking to make EBOS more inclusive, we will prioritize applicants who represent systematically excluded, marginalized, or underserved communities. This also includes artists from smaller cities that have less resources available for artists
- We will make every effort to connect artists to exhibition space within their community
- The application will close February 15, 2023 and the EBOS steering committee will announce awards and space placements by March 1
Registration Best Practices
- Find “How To Register” detailed info on the Open Studios Best Practices Tab on the top menu bar.
- Find a “How To Video Create Your Artist Directory” HERE
- Have a minimum of 5 images of your work ready to upload utilizing the form
- Artist Statement should be no more than one paragraph
- List which weekends you will be participating in the following format;
- “Open Studio Hours May XX/XX, 11am-5pm”
- Please include your full name in the title of your image and the number of image. For instance;
- Jane_Doe_1, Jane_Doe_2, Jane_Doe_3
- Maximum total allowed file size is 2.00 MB, Minimum 5 files.
- Upload 5 images to give visitors a sense of your full body of work
- Best image formats are jpegs or png
- Image Width is 350 and Height is 260 pixels
- Default format is Landscape. You may need to crop/format your image prior to uploading
- Important: preview the Terms and Conditions. You will be agreeing the these terms and conditions when you submit your payment